Job Description: Database Relationship Administrator (DRA)
Hours: 40 hours per week (some evenings and weekends, as necessary)
Salary: Based on experience
Contract: Maternity Cover – 6 month fixed term contract
Are you an experienced and ambitious Database Administrator, passionate about nature and keen for a new and challenging role?
A maternity cover position has arisen for an experienced Database Administrator who will work as part of a small-integrated fundraising team.
Save The Elephants is a UK registered charity, based in Kenya, dedicated to securing a future for elephants; sustaining the beauty and ecological integrity of the places they live, promoting man’s delight in their intelligence and the diversity of their world, and developing a tolerant relationship between the two. Our ultimate goal is to ensure elephants continue to be protected and roam wild and free on our planet for generations to come, but to do this we need to generate increased levels of fundraised income.
We’re looking for a self-motivated individual to:
- Administer our growing Salesforce database of global supporters, ongoing engagement opportunities and fundraising activities to help recruit and retain donors, developing meaningful, long-term relationships between them and Save The Elephants
- Excel the capabilities of the database in relation to Save The Elephants’ current needs and ensure synchronisation with the organisation’s e-marketing platform
- Help guarantee the fundraising team’s ambitious income targets are met
We put elephants and the communities that live alongside them at the heart of what we do, with the aim of improving human-elephant coexistence in a rapidly developing world. We need an enthusiastic, meticulous and highly motivated individual to administer the database and assist the Head of Fundraising who is tasked with building meaningful, long-term relationships with donors. You will be responsible for ensuring the donor database is accurate, using the most recent plug-ins and apps to best support our vision, help deliver ambitious income targets, and ensure campaigns are measurable and aligned with the wider project activities across Save The Elephants.
You can help us improve the future of Africa’s elephants through your:
- Experience of database record management
- Tenacious, resilient and self-motivated approach to work, and a can-do attitude
- Highly professional, flexible and committed approach to going above and beyond the remit of the role to achieve and exceed
Our relentless drive towards securing a future for elephants means we’re constantly trying new avenues, which means you’ll be innovative and open-minded to new ways of working, sometimes with short deadlines. You’ll have excellent communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
If you can do all this and more, we’d love you to be part of the organisation. Call and speak to the Head of Fundraising on 0720 441 178 or email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter.
This is a 6-month fixed term post with the potential to become permanent.
The normal full-time working week is 40 hours.
Full driver’s license and access to your own transport is preferable for this role.
For job details see: Job Description
Closing Date: 7th December 2018