We thank you for your interest in becoming a part of the STE team, we are currently recruiting for the position below:
Position: Digital Fundraising Manager
Working relationships: Report to Head of Development, with the Database and Donor Relations Administrator reporting directly to you
Location: Remote, home-based anywhere in the UK
Hours: 4 days a week (with possibility of going up to full-time)
Preferred starting date: 15 September 2021
Salary: £30,000 negotiable
Contract: 12-month FTC (with possibility of extension)
Closing Date: 15 August 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
Save the Elephants (STE) is a UK registered charity, based in Kenya. STE’s mission is to secure a future for elephants; sustaining the beauty and ecological integrity of the places they live, promoting man’s delight in their intelligence and the diversity of their world, and developing a tolerant relationship between the two.
We are looking for a driven, creative and resourceful digital fundraising superstar to join our small but impactful fundraising team.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing our fundraising campaigns and supporter engagement journey through various digital channels for individual and monthly giving. This will encompass email appeals, social media campaigns, supporter acquisition and retention through fundraising content across all digital platforms.
To be successful in this role you must be highly skilled in running digital campaigns across various platforms (including Campaign Monitor, Facebook and Instagram) with in-depth knowledge of CRMs as well as experience in fundraising copywriting.
Whilst you will be based in the UK, and report to our UK based Head of Development, we will bring you out to Kenya for a month so you can visit the field research camps and meet the team in person, as soon as travel opens up!
- Manage digital fundraising campaigns from planning to execution to reporting, including the end of year appeal and any social media campaigns
- Use Campaign Monitor to create and develop donor stewardship journeys
- Maintain data integrity of the CRM and oversee reporting and list segmentation
- Manage and mentor the Database and Donor Relations Administrator
- Track and analyse digital metrics to measure success, evaluate and report on digital fundraising activity
- Create donor-centric copy for all public donor communications including appeals and donor impact reports
- Work with the communications team to maximise the impact of social media and other digital communications platforms
- Be the content lead for fundraising pages on the Save the Elephants website, responsible for creating and/or editing and updating content
- Work with the Head of Development on the fundraising strategy to ensure budgets are met
- Ensure all audiences are able to find and access information easily, donate simply and continue to improve content and user journeys through innovation and testing
- Manage and develop paid digital media fundraising activities
- Proactively maintain knowledge of digital fundraising practices, trends and innovations in the sector
- Maintain good working knowledge of principle issues in elephant conservation and the organisation’s programmes in order to be able to represent them
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum three years of experience in running fundraising campaigns
- Solid understanding of digital fundraising and direct marketing, as well as donor journeys
- Proven ability in delivering creative and inspiring digital fundraising campaigns to successfully meet fundraising targets
- Experience using digital fundraising channels & tools such as Campaign Monitor, Salesforce, Microsoft 365, Google Analytics, Google Ads, SEO and social media platforms to increase income
- Excellent communication skills with experience in donor-centric copywriting
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail, with an understanding of processes and protocols to protect data and uphold GDPR
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a de-centralised team with people from various cultures and backgrounds
- Commitment to wildlife and the environment
Why Save Elephants?
Elephants are Africa’s gardeners and landscape engineers, planting seeds and creating habitat wherever they roam.
Without urgent action to save their species, elephants could be gone from the wild within a single generation.
100,000 elephants in Africa were killed for their ivory in just three years between the years 2010 & 2012.