Sonepur: Two female elephants died at the Tithipali Reserve Forest in Subarnapur district on Sunday morning. Though the exact reason behind the deaths was yet to be ascertained, Sonepur DFO said the pachyderms might have died after coming in contact with solar fencing wire.
The solar fencing wire was found connected to a live extra-high tension wire, resulting in the instant death of the jumbos.
It may be noted that three elephants had been electrocuted in the State last month. While one pachyderm aged between six to seven years died at Seramunda in the Nuagada Reserve Forest on October 30, two female elephants were electrocuted at Unani village under Ambabhana block in Bargarh district on October 23.