Elephant Electrocuted by a High Tention Wire (India)


New Indian Express

Date Published

BELAGAVI: A 9-year-old tusker was electrocuted after it came in contact with a high tension wire near Nersa village in Khanapur taluk on Sunday.

According to villagers, the male elephant was walking on the border of a field when it slipped. It grabbed the wire with its trunk, getting electrocuted and dying on the spot. The tusker was accompanied by a female elephant, which panicked and fled into the jungles. Forest officials found blood stains on the wire and injuries on the tusker’s trunk.