Elephant electrocuted (Mysuru, India)


Deccan Herald

Date Published

An elephant, which was being driven back into the forest by Forest department officials and villagers, was electrocuted as it accidentally came in contact with an electric fence at Hadanuru near Saragur on Thursday.

The elephant, around 25 years old had strayed into the village, neighbouring Bandipur range of forests, on Thursday morning and it was being driven back into the forest. The jumbo first hit a tree, then rammed the electric fence of the farm of one Rathnajamma. Even as it regained its balance and started running, its legs got entangled in the cables and got electrocuted.