See link for photo.
MYSURU: Electric wires led to the death of a 20-year-old elephant at Narsipura village of H D Kote taluk on Wednesday early morning. It is assumed that the pachyderm may have strayed onto a stretch of and which was illegally electrocuted by the farm owner.
According to the forest department, the incident came to light after villagers alerted the police at around 9 am. Apart from having solar fencing, owner Naveen Kumar had electrified a stretch of separate fence in his farmland by illegally using power meant for the borewell motor, said a forest officer.
According to the forest department, the pachyderm might have strayed there either from Bandipur or Kabini forests late on Tuesday night. A veterinary doctor with the forest department did the autopsy of the elephant, while removing his tusks.
Two complaints have been registered against Naveen Kumar, who is currently absconding, at H D Kote Police Station, for killing the elephant and for taking illegal power supply from the motor to electrify the fence.