See link for photo.
A 35-year-old elephant was electrocuted after it came in contact with 11 KV live wire near Aluajharan under Kamakshyanagar (West) reserve forest on Sunday.
The incident occurred when the tusker was crossing paddy field on the forest route. Locals informed the matter to forest officials who rushed to the spot and started investigation. The officials said some miscreants had laid live wire to trap wild boars and on Sunday, the elephant came in contact with the wire and got electrocuted.
Locals, however, alleged that the officials of forest department have failed to nab the mafia who are involved in poaching activities for consumption and sale. The carcass has been sent for post-mortem.