This is an accessibility statement from Save the Elephants. We want everyone who visits the Save the Elephants website to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
Measures to support accessibility
To help us make the Save the Elephants website a positive place for everyone we have taken the following measures to ensure accessibility of Save the Elephants:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Save the Elephants is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria:
Some of our videos are in the local language but we have provided subtitles in such cases.
Moving forward most of our videos will have closed captions.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Save the Elephants. We’ve worked hard on the Save the Elephants website and believe we’ve achieved our goal of Level AA accessibility. We monitor the website regularly to maintain this, but if you do find any problems or encounter accessibility barriers on Save the Elephants, please get in touch.
- Phone: +254 (0) 720 441 178
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Visitor Address: Marula Manor, Marula Lane, off Karen Road
- Postal Address: P.O. Box 54667-00200, Nairobi
We try to respond to feedback within 1 Business day.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Save the Elephants is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- There will always be small differences in the display between browsers, but we do aim to broadly support: • Google Chrome for all platforms, latest version (Chrome regularly updates) • Safari for Apple devices, version 12+ • Microsoft Edge for Windows, version 80.0.361 (or latest stable version) • Mozilla Firefox for all platforms, latest version (Firefox regularly updates)
Save the Elephants is not compatible with:
- IE11 support is possible but will require additional time and effort to provide as it is now an extremely old browser. Even Microsoft will shortly no longer support this version of their browser.
Accessibility of Save the Elephants relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of Save the Elephants, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Save the Elephants:
- Images and footage: Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. Some images and footage come from external collaborators and may not have all the information. Others are copyrighted so we cannot make changes. When we publish new content we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards. Please contact us via email if you encounter an issue.
Save the Elephants assessed the accessibility of Save the Elephants by the following approaches:
- Internal evaluation
- External evaluation
An evaluation statement for Save the Elephants is available here.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days and to propose a solution within 5 business days.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Save the Elephants
This statement was created on 28 April 2023 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.