Workplace giving often forms part of a company’s corporate social responsibility programme and offers employees like you easy ways to donate to and support the causes you love. If you work for a company you could benefit from workplace giving schemes such as payroll and matched giving opportunities – and create even more impact for elephants.
If your employer doesn’t have a workplace giving scheme why not ask them to put one in place?
Making contributions via payroll giving can provide useful tax benefits for you personally.
Payroll giving is a convenient and effective way for you to give to Save the Elephants directly from your salary. At its heart, it offers you an avenue to make regular charitable donations that resonate with your interests and values.
Explore the simplicity and rewards of payroll giving – a smart way to support Save the Elephants and enjoy personal benefits too.
- One of the most significant benefits of payroll giving is the potential for tax deductions.
- In the US, your contributions are taken from your net pay so you can make tax deductions when filing your tax returns. In the UK, contributions are made pre-tax meaning you will receive tax relief on them, but Save the Elephants will still receive the full amount you pledged.
- Effortless and time-saving: set it up once and your donations are automatically deducted from your paycheck.
- Small donations over time add up to make a big difference for elephants.
- Join a like-minded community of colleagues working together for positive change and be part of a workplace that values giving back.
- Many employers will match your donation, amplifying your impact. Ask your employer if they offer matched giving. If they don’t currently, why not make the request?
How do I start contributing?
Payroll giving is designed to be easy to get started. All you need to do is ask your employer’s HR department if they support payroll giving and let them know you’d like to start making payroll contributions to Save the Elephants (STE). Choose how much you would like to contribute from each paycheck and they will get you set up.
Your contribution to protecting elephants could be worth double in the workplace.
Many employers offer matched giving opportunities as well as facilitating payroll giving. Matching gifts means that your employer will match a donation you make to Save the Elephants — increasing the impact of your generosity — be it your payroll giving contributions or other fundraising you do in the workplace. Normally, it’s at a one-to-one ratio and could even be higher. Check in with your HR department to find out more about matching opportunities.
What information do I need from STE?
In the US, we receive donations via our fiscal sponsor, the Wildlife Conservation Network (WCN), a 501(c)(3) registered organisation that passes on 100% of your donations to STE. The following information will help your employer ensure your contributions reach us.
Recipient organisation: Save the Elephants c/o Wildlife Conservation Network, Inc.
Mailing address: 209 Mississippi Street. San Francisco, CA. 94107
In the UK, Save the Elephants is a registered charity in England and Wales (no. 1118804).
Save the Elephants (STE)
C/O Gerald Edelman
However much you choose to donate per paycheck, or through a one-time contribution, your donations help us to secure a future for elephants and sustain the beauty and ecological integrity of the places they live, promote humanity’s delight in their intelligence and the diversity of their world, and develop a tolerant relationship between the two species.
You can read more about our impact in our most recent Annual Report. Thank you for choosing to support Save the Elephants!
If you require any further information, please contact us at [email protected].